London - 20 May 2013

As St Paul's Cathedral is opened from 8.30am to 4pm, I decided to get there before 8.30am. However, I hadn't taken into consideration of the rush hour in the morning and the Underground was so jam-packed that I couldn't even get in and had waited for half an hour or so.

Finally, I arrived at St Paul station after 9am. It was drizzling, with cold wind blowing right into my face.  After queueing up to buy the entrance ticket and obtaining the audio guide, I was all pumped up to get in. Only then I realised that no photos are allowed inside the Cathedral! What a disappointment.

The interior of the Cathedral was magnificent and its architecture was one of the best that I have ever seen.  Its building dominates the skyline of the City of London.

 
 

St Paul's Cathedral


St Paul's Cathedral

 
St Paul's Cathedral
 
 
Distance view of St Paul's Cathedral
 


Skyline of London



London Bridge

 
The Bristish Museum is huge and there are so many displays to see. Luckily, I have downloaded an apps in my phone prior to my visit and it was so handy to navigate my way throughout the various sections in the museum.
 
 
 


Bristish Museum


 

Eygptian Sculpture


 
Eygptian Sculpture



Greek Sculpture
 
 

Buckingham Palace

 
 
The highlight of this trip was dinner at a Michelin Star restaurant, Nobu Restaurant at Berkeley Street.  The food was so delicious that I even ordered three dishes all eaten by myself.
 
 

Spicy Sashimi Salad
 
 

Waygu Rump Tataki with Ponzu and Sancho Zuke Salsa




Soft Shell Crab Kara-age with Ponzu
 

No comments:

Post a Comment