Paris - 17 May 2013

It's such a beautiful day and I decided to explore places around my hotel such as Latin Quarter and the Jardin du Luxembourg. I managed to capture a few pictures of the Pantheon from outside as it was not opened yet when I was there. Then, I took a stroll to the Jardin du Luxembourg gardens to immerse in its atmosphere and enjoy the sunny morning.
 

Latin Quarter

                                                            

The Pantheon



Jardin du Luxembourg Gardens

 

Jardin du Luxembourg Gardens



Jardin du Luxembourg Palace

Thereafter, I made my way to the La Vallee Village (for those who don't know, it's a chic outlet shopping)  by taking the RER train Line A and alighted at the Val d'Europe station. It's about 35 mins journey from Paris city centre and the cost savings for the big brand names were indeed worth the trip.


La Vallee Village

In the afternoon, I went to Galleries Lafayette for more shopping. This shopping centre is huge and its interior design is so grandiose. One can get a good distance view on the Eiffel Tower from its the food hall. This shopping paradise was so crowded with shoppers that It was so difficult just to buy a Salvatore Ferragamo purse. The queue was so long and by the time it's my turn, the wallet was sold out. I end up having to buy the very same wallet from the boutique shop at Saint-Honore with a higher price.



 


Galleries Lafayette

I finally made my way to the Eiffel Tower. As the queue for the ticket with lift access to the tower was so long, I decided to climb up to the 2nd floor of the tower and it's 115m in height. The effort pays off as the view of the Parisian city is just breathtaking. In fact, I could have bought the ticket with the lift access online. However, it needs to be purchased way in advance.



Eiffel Tower

Distance views from Eiffel Tower


Distance views from Eiffel Tower


Distance views of Paris city centre from Eiffel Tower


I wanted to go to the Montparnasse Tower Observation deck to have a night view of the city centre of Paris. Somehow, I ended up in its restaurant, Ciel de Paris which is located at Level 56, Montparnasse Tower. Hence, I decided to indulge myself in the three-course meal. I wasn't sure whether the food was really delicious or it was the ambiance that made it tasted so good. Anyway, I truly had a great time living in the moment.
 

Lobster Soup, flavoured with Sea Urchin


 
Royal Sea Bream, Polenta, Hazelnuts Butter with Dry Fruits



Macaroon







No comments:

Post a Comment