Turkey - 28 May 2013 @ Pamukkale

Today, we departed Selcuk for Denizli (Pemukkale) by the local train and the journey takes approximately 3 hours. I just realised that Turkey is such a big country and it takes forever to travel from one place to another.
 
The scenery and landscape in Turkey is so diverse and splendid that I spent my every awaking moment to amaze in God's creation and its beauty in awe.


Photos taken from train ride



Awesome view from train ride



 
 

 
We had our lunch at Kayas Restaurant and Bar, a restaurant that not only serves Turkish food but also International food such as Korean, Japanese, Italian etc. I decided to stick to local food afterall I'm in Turkey.
 
 
Trout
 
 
We have some free time after lunch. Some of us were laying by the pool to chill out while I was busy selecting a swimming costume so that I could go for a dip in the thermal pool. Somehow, I didn't have a chance to dip in the pool as I spent lots of time at the Hieropolis Archeology Museum as we only spent a night in Pamukkale. This makes me feel so compelling to go back to Pamukkale and spending a few more extra nights just to enjoy the natural beauty of its surrondings.       
  


Pamukkale

 

Pamukkale



Pamukkale







Thermal pool


 

These travertines terraces are formed from the hot water springs. The water is saturated with dissolved calcium carbonate and surge over the edge of the plateau. The water settles in pool and the carbon dioxide leads the calsium to solidify becoming a hard chalk like substance.




 













Ancient City of Hierapolis



The tomb











The main thoroughfare of Hierapolis



 









 

 
One of the best preserved theatres in Asia Minor after Ephesus and Aspendos


Lamp Chop for dinner
 

No comments:

Post a Comment