Paris - 18 May 2013

It was such a beautiful day with sunny weather and it was definitely a right choice to go to the Palace of Versailles, which was located about 1 hour train ride from Paris city centre. The court of Versailles was the centre of political in France from 1682 when Louis XIV moved from Paris to Versailles.

I arrived at the Palace of Versailles just before 9am and the queue at the ticket counter was so long already. After buying the ticket, the queue getting into the palace was even longer and it took forever to go through the security check. Only then I realised that there were so many tour buses with full load of tourists and they have the priority to skip the queue and went straight into the palace. I regretted that I didn't join a guided tour afterall. The reason why I didn't join the guided tour was because the tour took up whole day and if I were on my own, I would have more flexibility as I could always leave as and when I like.

 

Palace of Versailles


Louis XIV, 1638 -1715






 
 



I spent more than two hours walking around the garden and couldn't even cover everywhere. How I wish I would be able to spend longer at this place as it's so relaxing and peaceful.




















 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 

Red Eye Rib @ Cafe Lateral for late lunch

 
Arc de Tromphe



No comments:

Post a Comment